PrairieUU is currently accepting applications for the position(s) listed below. Click on the link to see the full job description.
Committee on Shared Ministry
Prairie UU has 3 immediate vacancies for the Committee on Shared Ministry. We would like to fill these vacancies at the March 28th congregational meeting.
We invite all who are interested to please send a statement of interest to Janet or Jen, in which you address the following questions, by this Monday, March 22. If you would like help writing your statement of interest, please get in touch with us – we would be more than happy to help! If you are interested in serving in this way, but have never done so before, we especially encourage you to apply, and to bring your unique vision of community to Prairie!
- The Mission of PrairieUU is to “gather as a welcoming, caring community to nurture mind and spirit, celebrate diversity, and work for justice.” Please share with us your vision of what and how you would like to contribute to accomplishing our mission.
- Our Covenant states: “We covenant to be a welcoming and loving community, offering each other fellowship, sanctuary, and a joyful spirit. We seek justice and peace in all our deeds and relationships, and we respect and honor both the individual and the collective search for sacred meaning and truth. We revere and celebrate the diversity of our Earth and are guided by the Spirit that connects all life, as we reach out to offer our best to ourselves, our community, and our world.” What does it mean to you to live in a covenant with a community of people?
- What’s one thing you would like to see done differently by COSM, and how would you like to contribute towards that change?
- What are your goals/priorities for the next three to five years for PrairieUU? What support from your Prairie community do you believe will be needed to help you and us achieve them?
COMMUNITY SAFETY ADVISOR/S
Contact: Vivian L
The Board is seeking an individual or three individuals to serve as Advisors to our Prairie UU Community on Safety in three areas:
- Pandemic Safety
- Personal and Cyber Safety
- Sexual Misconduct
The role/roles as currently envisioned is that the Advisor/s would search the local, state and national information sources for evolving information, review the UUA resources in these areas and provide regular, timely information to the congregation and the church leaders. The specific role and activities can be proposed by the individual/s who assumes the role/s. If you are interested in serving in this important position/s, contact Vivian Littlefield, President Board of Trustees.
We are looking for volunteers for our LifeSpan team. Any PrairieUU member who is interested or has expertise in a particular area is invited to work with the LifeSpan Team. These could be one-time or long-term opportunities. Opportunities include Teaching, Committee Member, Storage Clean-Up, Logistical Support. If you would like to volunteer for LifeSpan please contact our Jen S.
MOUNTAIN DESERT DISTRICT BOARD
Contact: Mary Nordhagen
Do you wish you could serve our Unitarian Universalist faith and effect change on a deeper level?
Would you like to help shape our Unitarian Universalist faith for the future?
If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, then you just may be the person
we are looking for to serve on the Mountain Desert District Board!
The Mountain Desert District Board currently has the following positions available:
- Vice President
- Trustee, At-Large
Wondering if you are a good fit to serve as a board member?
Take a look at the benefits of serving:
- You will make connections with so many people and congregations across the district and beyond
- You will have a larger sense of the association of congregations of which we are a part
- Serving on a district board provides the experience you may need to serve on a larger board
- (former district board members have then gone on to serve on the UUA board)
- You will be a part of something larger than yourself, as a vibrant member, helping to shape our UU faith for the future
Still not sure? Come check us out.
You are welcome to attend a board meeting on the 2nd Mondays at 7pm MT to see if this type of service is right for you.
Ready to serve? Great!
Contact Mary Nordhagen, President, for an application or with any questions you may have.