To: Members of PrairieUU Congregation
From: Vivian Littlefield, President of the Board of Trustees
and Susan Ermisch, Chair, Committee on Shared Ministry
Susan Ermisch and I invite you to a Winter Congregational Meeting on March 28, 2021, immediately after candles.
This is an important meeting. We will move to suspend the section of the bylaws referring to our nominations process so we can trial our new Leadership Development process and suspend term limits so elected members can stay in their positions this next year. Additional agenda items include: electing members to the COSM and sharing an update on plans for restoring right relationships and healing will also be discussed. The agenda is below.
Thank you for attending.
Establish a Quorum: Kim Murray, Board Secretary
Call to Order: Vivian Littlefield, President
Welcome: Susan Ermisch, Chair, COSM
Chalice Lighting: Pastor AJ
Land Acknowledgement: Prairie UU Member
Board Of Trustees
- Plan For Transition To New Leadership Development Process: Jen Simon
- Motion To Suspend The Bylaws Regarding Nomination Committee And Term Limits: Board/COSM for 2021-2022 Year – Vivian
- Election of COSM Members: Janet
- Discussion About Returning In Person: COSM and Vivian
- Update on Right Relations and Congregational Healing Process: COSM, Pastor AJ, and Vivian
- Financial Status: Clark
Call for Other /New Business
Closing: Pastor AJ
Healing thoughts for you:
The Board and Finance Committee are busy, engaged in a variety of projects and continue our leadership development activities. I am grateful for so many things, I want to share a few:
- Thanks to Clark and Renee, we have a second PPP loan, $12,000.
- Thanks to Janet we have a chair of the Stewardship Drive
- Thanks to Jen, our Diversity and Inclusion Advocate, we are planning the next steps to transition to the new Leadership Development process
- Thanks to Calisse and Clark, we can now buy Scrip cards
- Thanks to Bill we have a cyber safety advocate
- Thanks to Calisse for her COVID Corner
- Thanks to Kim and Carol, we are on our way to revising the Membership Resource Book and creating a Board Resource book
- Thanks to the entire Board, we will soon have a more defined role and expectations for the Board Liaison to Standing Committees
- Thanks to the Board’s commitment to learning about leadership, we are reading “Serving with Grace, Lay Leadership as a Spiritual Practice”(Link to slide on Workshop here)
- There is more, but you have other things to do!
- Thanks to Prairie UU members for your commitment to Prairie UU.
I am grateful!
Vivian, President of Prairie UU