To support our community here are some resources to support you and your family.
- These Industries Are Hiring Now in Colorado
- Jobs at King Soopers
- Jobs at Lowes
- Jobs at Colorado Department of Education
- Colorado Employers Looking To Fill Thousands Of Positions During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Filing for unemployment- tips for filing unemployment (due to a high volume of claims, please follow the instructions for when to file according to the alphabetical order of your name.)
- Colorado online application for food stamps and other various sources of assistance programs such as help with child care, cash assistance, and access to health care coverage: click here.
- Guide to those unemployed as a result of covid-19
Working From Home
- TechSoup is a great place for resources on effectively working remotely, with tutorials and discounts on hardware and software, including Zoom.
- Coronavirus: How to work from home, the right way.
- Leading Remote Workers: The Coronavirus’ Impact On Effective Management
It’s good to know...About Rental Assistance:
- Many local governments have banned evictions and foreclosures, and some have frozen rent payments entirely. https://www.thedailybeast.com/during-coronavirus-do-i-have-to-pay-my-rent-or-mortgage
- Parker Task Force
- Income and Services Programs
- Parker Senior Center
- Weekday Lunch Menu
- Local Senior Services
- Temporary Rental and Utility Assistance Program and the Spanish version of this guide.
- Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free - including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. Find the closest hot spot to you here.
- Resources for Coloradans facing poverty while preparing for the corona virus.
- Identifying Coronavirus Phishing Scams.
- Refunding Your Travel During COVID-19: This guide breaks down how top airlines and hotels have adjusted their policies and provides instructions for how consumers can refund their bookings with each respective company.
Hourly Wage Employees
- One Fair Wage (cash assistance to tipped and service workers)
- USBG National Charity Foundation (emergency fund for bartenders)
- Denver Metro Area Artist COVID-19 Relief Fund
- COVID-19 & Freelance Artists
- COVID-19 Financial Literacy Guide from Annuity.org
- Relief fund for musicians affected
- Center for Health Progress has created a resource list with important information for people without insurance. This list outlines many of the safety net health care clinics in Colorado, as well as information to access information, referrals, and testing. VISIT HERE
- The Colorado Division of Insurance continues to develop policies, information and resources for insurance consumers and the insurance industry in response to COVID-19. Learn more here.
- Connect for Health Colorado - Colorado Health Insurance Exchange
- Food Bank of the Rockies
- Community Table
- List of food pantries operating during COVID-19 situation
- Free Meals For Students
- Free Meals For Youth 1-18 (No ID or Registration Required) (Download)
Activity Ideas for Kids
- From Macaroni Kid: How to have a neighborhood window egg hunt while social distancing
- Watch astronauts read stories and demonstrate experiments from space
- From the Denver Zoo - 20 outdoor activities that families can do while social distancing
- SAFE INDOOR AND OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FOR FAMILIES IN THE TIME OF CORONAVIRUS.
- Activities and online resources for homebound kids: A coronavirus guide
- Learn a New Language - Duolingo is also online and is a free service.
- 9 Historic Sites Your Kids Won’t Learn About in School
- Several museums offer online tours, including the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History in Washington, D.C.; The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum in Cooperstown, New York; The British Museum and The National History Museum in London; The Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam; and The Louvre in Paris.
- The GoNoodle App uses screen time to create move time.
- Go on a virtual ride at Disney World, Disneyland and beyond!
- Explore.org has loads of wildlife webcams.
- When Will This Be Over? Sesame Workshop's Tips For Parenting During A Pandemic
- Take steps to protect children and others from getting sick.
- Parenting During Coronavirus: You Are Enough.
- Keeping children safe online during COVID-19.
- Is day care safe during the coronavirus pandemic?
- Social Distancing With Children.
- How To Help A Child Struggling With Anxiety
- Explaining to Children About The Need for Virtual Church