2022-2023 Pledge Drive
Dear Prairie friends and members,
The theme of this year’s annual stewardship drive for PrairieUU is: A New Day is Dawning! Indeed, it is. 2022 may be the year we come to terms with COVID, as we appear to be in a reemergence from the pandemic. Soon, we will be gathering in person, all the time – what’s more, we are now well-rehearsed – and well-equipped – to offer hybrid services (in-person and online simultaneously) all the time, an enhancement from our pre-COVID days. And that’s because of you. Your generosity, at the auction and through special gifts, enabled us to update our equipment to offer the best virtual opportunities for those of you who are unable to meet in person – for whatever reason. But we need your continued support as we seek space and staff to resume our regular in-person gatherings in Beloved Community! Please explore this site to learn more about how you can best do just that!
Click on the tabs below to learn more.
FY2022-2023 PrairieUU Pledge Drive Overview
- Key Goals
- How Much Should I Pledge?
- How to Pledge
- Tax-Advantaged Financial Support
- Journeyed through ministerial transition together, culminating in the hiring of our contract minister, Roger Butts, who brings with him the gifts of pastoral care, prayer, insightful (and delightful) stories, and much love.
- Found and funded a new JEDI Advocate to guide us toward a more inclusive Beloved Community (JEDI stands for justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion).
- Found and hired a new Lifespan Religious Education Coordinator dedicated to intergenerational programming, supporting families, and faith formation.
- Provided ongoing love and support to our community so adversely impacted by the pandemic, climate change, disruption of local education resources due to political conflict, continued social unrest, and now, sadly, concerns of war.
- Funded monthly BIPOC guest speakers in our commitment to Beloved Community
- Engaged Paula Cole Jones to provide four sessions of her ADORE workshop to PrairieUU (ADORE stands for A Dialogue on Race & Ethnicity)
- Sent two PrairieUU leaders to the UUA Jubilee Anti-Racism Training
- Continued support of our staff and their technical talents, as well as the purchase of necessary equipment to bring polished, professional, and more diverse virtual services to our community in need of connection – all accompanied by amazing, diverse, inspirational, often thought-provoking musical programming.
- And more!
- To maintain PrairieUU’s commitment to the half-time contract ministry of Roger Butts, while limiting as many administrative costs and other expenses as may be feasible.
- To expand PrairieUU’s commitment to religious education and faith formation by supporting the Lifespan Religious Education Coordinator for the entire year
- To enhance our Sunday services with accessible in-person AND virtual programming, with the assistance of the Worship Arts Specialist.
- As of this Spring, PrairieUU has 40 pledging units, which includes 57 adult members. A single member is a pledging unit, while partners who pledge together are two members, but one pledging unit. (Note: Sadly, we have recently lost some membership, so to keep things as they are, we will need to either increase pledges or reduce expenses.)
- The average pledge needed per pledging unit to meet our 2022-23 pledge goal of $75,000 is $1,847 annually or $156 per month.
- While slightly unpredictable, we estimate that it will cost us roughly $3,536 to run all our programs for a week.
NOTE FROM PRAIRIEUU LEADERSHIP: Realistically, we understand it has likely been a tough year financially, and while we hope to meet, maybe even exceed our pledge goals, we recognize that we may need to modify our budget. We also recognize that we all have different personal values and circumstances; we will gladly receive anything you are able to share.
- Online via Breeze
- Email and Phone – email Stewardship Co-Chair Brenda Peterson at BrendaP@prairieUU.org. She will make sure someone calls you to take your pledge over the phone.
- Old School – print, complete, and mail the pledge form along with your contribution