We Are Hiring – Administrative Assistant
Prairie Part-time Administrative Assistant Job Description
The church administrative assistant will provide a variety of clerical and ministry support services. The position is supervised by the minister and is responsible to the Board of Trustees. It is a 10-hour per week job at $15 an hour. Because our church meets in a school, our staff works from home.
The assistant will be able to problem solve and provide good communications internally and externally for the church. Regularly meets with the minister and will be the conduit for committee chairs and volunteers to update the church master calendar and events page on our website. This includes submitting information weekly to our communications specialist for the weekly electronic newsletter and Sunday announcements. When there is a lay led service or outside speaker, the administrative assistant also will help get information for the order of service to the communications specialist.
The administrative assistant also will be responsible for:
- Updating the Prairie Membership Directory.
- Oversees maintenance of membership records, attendance records, member pledge list and databases. Organizes and oversees church files and records, including background checks of teachers.
- Arranges for purchase, use and maintenance of office and worship supplies.
- Maintains the outgoing voicemail message; checks voicemail and email messages on a regular weekly basis, at least twice a week, and takes appropriate action.
- Maintaining our rental agreement with Douglas County Schools.
- Creating and maintaining Google emails for church staff and volunteers.
- Being a back up for picking up mail from the post office box.
- Maintaining adequate supply of pamphlets and other publicity materials.
- Occasionally coming to church on Sundays to connect and complete administrative tasks.
- Being courteous and respectful in all forms of communications.
- Punctual, reliable, professional and detail oriented
- Understands office organization and operations
- Communicates clearly in English, using good grammar, spelling and vocabulary
- Maintains confidentiality and utilizes discretion
- Enthusiastic, independent, and follows through with requests
- Competent use of PCs and related software, including Windows, Word, Excel, Constant Contact, WordPress, and other specialized software as necessary
- Someone with past office administrative experience preferred.
We look forward to hearing from you! Contact Rev. Jann Halloran for more information.