2020 Vision: Planting Seeds for the Future
This past year has been an important year of transition as we have welcomed our new tech-savvy Minister AJ Blackwood and Office Administrator Rhonda Williamson, fine-tuned our programming, and added much-needed technology enhancements and habits – a fortuitous move in these cautious times of COVID-19 and community care. Now, with a vibrant and ever-growing congregation, we look with optimism into the future and are planning innovative ways of serving our diverse church community. Please explore this site to learn more about our accomplishments, our plans, and how you can support PrairieUU.
FY2020-2021 PrairieUU Pledge Drive Overview
- Key Goals
- How Much Should I Pledge?
- How to Pledge
- Other Ways to Contribute
• Embraced our Five Visioning Statements to shape and inform our LifeSpan religious education programming for the year!
• Matured our church governance with the establishment of Right Relations and Visioning within the Committee on Shared Ministry and clearly defined roles!
• Significantly expanded our support and programming at Ready-to-Work/Bridge House!
• Fueled by the love of our community, enjoyed fabulous lay-led services for several weeks while seeking our new minister!
• Hired and on-boarded our dynamic new minister and church administrator extraordinaire!
• Successfully installed Breeze, a comprehensive software program that enables us to be more efficient, timely, and accurate with member information, pledges, and payments!
• Adopted G-Suite technology to enable on-line meetings, shared files, and improved transparency – and just in the nick of time because we recently …
• Launched our new virtual interactive Sunday Worship Service format with speakers, engaging visuals, delightful music and Beloved Community!
- Attract and retain religious education staff to actively engage our children and youth: as UUs, we at PrairieUU are committed to growing our children’s resiliency, compassion, and ethical foundation while also nurturing their sense of connection to all life on our planet. Estimated annual cost: $5,000
- Curriculum and materials for children, youth and adult programs to enable us to provide robust learning opportunities. This includes the purchase of the Soul Matters curriculum which provides thematic easy to use innovative programs. Estimated cost: $1,200.
- Provide ongoing financial funding of our minister, administrator, music and choir directors, communications specialist, accountant, and sexton who all keep our service, music, technology and other programs not only running, but terrific. Additionally, our budget helps support the many volunteer programs that we do within and outside of PrairieUU. Every year these expenses increase. Estimated annual cost: $207,000.
- PrairieUU has 59 pledging units, which includes 91 adult members. A single member is a pledging unit, while partners who pledge together are two members, but one pledging unit.
- The average pledge needed per pledging unit to meet our 2020-21 pledge goals is $2,273 yearly, or $189 a month.
- It costs us roughly $4,000 to run all our programs for a week.